FeinCMS Deprecation Timeline
This document outlines when various pieces of FeinCMS will be removed or
altered in backward incompatible way. Before a feature is removed, a warning
will be issued for at least two releases.
- The value of FEINCMS_REVERSE_MONKEY_PATCH has been changed to False.
- Deprecated page manager methods have been removed (page_for_path_or_404,
for_request_or_404, best_match_for_request, from_request) -
Page.objects.for_request(), Page.objects.page_for_path and
Page.objects.best_match_for_path should cover all use cases.
- Deprecated page methods have been removed (active_children,
- Request and response processors have to be imported from
feincms.module.page.processors. Additionally, they must be registered
individually by using register_request_processor and
- Prefilled attributes have been removed. Use Django’s prefetch_related
or feincms.utils.queryset_transform instead.
- feincms.views.base has been moved to feincms.views.legacy. Use
- FEINCMS_FRONTEND_EDITING‘s default has been changed to False.
- The code in feincms.module.page.models has been split up. The admin
classes are in feincms.module.page.modeladmin, the forms in
feincms.module.page.forms now. Analogous changes have been made
- The monkeypatch to make Django’s django.core.urlresolvers.reverse()
applicationcontent-aware will be removed. Use
feincms.content.application.models.app_reverse() and the corresponding
template tag instead.
- The module feincms.content.medialibrary.models will be replaced by
the contents of feincms.content.medialibrary.v2. The latter uses
Django’s raw_id_fields support instead of reimplementing it badly.
- The legacy views inside feincms.views.legacy will be removed.
The module feincms.admin.editor will be removed. The model admin classes
have been available in feincms.admin.item_editor and
feincms.admin.tree_editor since FeinCMS v1.0.
Cleansing the HTML of a rich text content will still be possible, but the
cleansing module feincms.utils.html.cleanse will be removed. When
creating a rich text content, the cleanse argument must be a callable
and cannot be True anymore. The cleansing function has been moved into
its own package,
Registering extensions using shorthand notation will be not be possible in
FeinCMS v1.8 anymore. Use the following method instead:
feincms_navigation and feincms_navigation_extended will be removed.
Their functionality is provided by feincms_nav instead.
The function-based generic views aren’t available in Django after v1.4
anymore. feincms.views.generic and
feincms.views.decorators.add_page_to_extra_context() will be removed
The module feincms.content.medialibrary.v2, which is only an alias for
feincms.content.medialibrary.models starting with FeinCMS v1.7 will be
Page.setup_request() does not do anything anymore and will be removed.