FeinCMS 1.2 release notes
Welcome to the first release notes for FeinCMS!
FeinCMS 1.2 sports several large changes, including:
- Overhauled item editor. The new item editor uses standard Django administration
fieldsets; you can use almost all standard Django configuration mechanisms.
show_on_top has been deprecated, standard fieldsets should be used
- The split pane editor has been removed. It wasn’t much more than a proof of
concept and was never bug-free.
- The required Django version is now 1.2. Compatibility with older Django versions
has been removed.
- The rich text configuration has slightly changed; CkRichTextContent has
been completely removed in favor of a rich text editor agnostic configuration
method. TINYMCE_JS_URL should be replaced by an appropriate
FEINCMS_RICHTEXT_INIT_CONTEXT settings value. See the
Content types - what your page content is built of documentation for more details.
- A new content type, TemplateContent has been added which can be used to
render templates residing on the hard disk.
drag-drop for reordering pages, but this time in a well-performing way not
sluggish as before.
- feincms.models.Base is still available, feincms.models.create_base_model
is the more flexible way of creating the aforementioned base model. If
create_base_model is used the base model can be freely defined.
- Many small improvements and bugfixes all over the place.